Monday 7 April 2008

Bloods:0 U's:2

What a good day it was on Saturday. United won, most of the other play-off hopefuls lost, and I backed the winner in the national, hurrah. I think the players must have been missing me. It can’t be a coincidence that I’ve returned and we’re back to winning ways.

I suspect it's even less of a coincidence that we were playing Droylsden, a side who, despite some decent results of late, are probably still the complete and utter shambles they were when we horsed them at the Abbey in January.

But as I said then, you can only beat what’s in front of you, and by all accounts we dominated the game which can’t have done the players confidence any harm at all. Nice to see Beesley back on the scoresheet as well, and I think it’s important that JQ sticks with him and Boylan up front for the next couple of games, regardless of whether they get goals or not. Since Evil’s injury there’s been no continuity up front (or in fact in the team in general), and we can hardly expect the strikers to get used to working together if they have different partners all the time.

And, while I don’t want to get too carried away after a victory against the worst team in the league, I reckon we should be more than capable of winning our next two games and cementing a play off spot. Fingers crossed the players can do the business, it would be nice if we went about things the easy way for once.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  9 April 2008 at 09:36  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP