Thursday 16 April 2009

The Pitt-falls of dropping Courtney

Who likes my pun-tastic headline? I literally spent minutes thinking it up, I'm sure that job on The Sun will be mine one day. Perhaps.

My better half is the president, chairman, treasurer, and probably only member of the Courtney Pitt fan club. It was very much a case of love at first sight, as she marked him out as a player to watch on his debut four years ago, and has been his number one fan ever since. I'm not entirely sure whether it's his dazzling wing play, over-sized shorts, or smily little face that are the main attraction, although I'm guessing it's a combination of all three.

Anyway, her fanatacism unearthed an interesting statistic recently which seems to suggest that when Courts plays, we usually do a lot better than when he's sidelined. Since he returned from his long injury at the beginning of December, our record in games he's started is P17 W11 D5 L1. When he's been benched, or out of the squad altogether, our form is much less impressive: P10 W4 D1 L5.

Make of that what you will, but for me the message to the Brabinator is an obvious one; if you want promotion you need to make sure you pick the Pitt!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP