Friday 24 April 2009

Excited yet?

Even by my usual low standards I've hit new levels of non-productivity today.

Sunday is getting closer by the minute, and while I'm trying not to set myself up for a massive disappointment, it's easier said than done.

It's got so bad that I've been trawling the Altrincham site, hoping to find pictures of their players packing their suitcases, and donning their flip flops in preparation for their flight to Lanzarote, or Shagaluf, or wherever else it is that footballers go on their end-of-season holidays.

Unfortunately, all I found was a few words of wisdom from Alty's dour northern manager Graham Heathcote, who appears to be in typically dour northern mood despite his side having successfully avoided relegation in their own right for once.

"I could tell at twenty to eight that their focus and mental shape was a million miles away from what is needed for a game like that (...) Since the Burton game I have been disgusted with so many of our away performances," he growled, referring to their apparent surrender at the feet of Mansfield on Tuesday night.

"They will probably put in a performance at Cambridge this weekend because the cameras will be there. They better had, because otherwise it would be disrespectful to Burton and to all our fans making the journey," he concluded. Sounds like a charming fellow, wish he was my boss.

And with these highly motivational words ringing in their ears, I'm sure the Robins players will be raring to go on Sunday. Even so, we should be able to beat a team with nothing tangible left to play - whether winning will be enough remains to be seen. Bounce bounce!

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP