Friday 5 December 2008

Torquay talk

Is it just me or does the Brabinator say almost exactly the same thing in every pre-match interview.


I realise he's employed to manage the team, not reel off quotes from William Blake or John Betjemen, but it would be nice if he said something vaguely worth reading every now and again. It almost makes you hark back to the halcyon days of the utterances of Jimmy "I scored a million goals against team X in my glorious playing career" Quinn. Or maybe not.


This presumably means that GB thinks that if we win both games we're right back in the title race, whereas if we lose them we're looking at play-offs at best.
I'm not sure this is entirely true myself, you only have to look at last season; our record against the other promotion contenders (except stupid 'effin Exeter) was almost impeccable, yet we still never really got close to Aldershot. The reason being that we dropped too many points to mediocre teams like Stafford, Farsley, and Ebbsfleet. What I'm saying is that the games with the other top sides don't necessarily make or break your season, but the games against teams who you should beat, can.

So I reckon if we do lose the next couple of matches, it won't be the end of the world, so long as we can start turning draws and defeats against the leagues lesser lights (Forest Green, Altrincham, etc) into wins. Over to you Gary.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP