Monday 8 December 2008

Gulls:0 U's:0 - outbreak!

I thought the traffic congestion on Newmarket Road was down to people doing a bit of last minute Christmas shopping, but in fact it was probably because a protective cordon has been set up around the Abbey in a bid to contain the outbreak of man flu which decimated our squad ahead of Saturday's game.


"We're just getting over the injury crisis and now we've been hit by this flu epidemic," commented the Brabinator, borrowing George Rolls' patented exgeration machine and cranking it up a few notches. "I think we'd have had a good case to have the game called off, but with the fixture congestion ahead I don't think it would have been wise under the circumstances."

Crisis or no crisis, a point at Torquay isn't something to be sniffed at, even if it is another 90 minutes where we have failed to trouble the scorers. As I said in my post on Friday, I'd be quite happy with a couple of draws from the next two games, so if we can keep another clean sheet against Nigel Clough's Burton Albion tomorrow night it will (sort of) be mission accomplished as far as I'm concerned.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP