Monday 16 June 2008

Quinn out

So Jimmy’s gone, which I guess shouldn’t really come as any great surprise. It seems unrealistic to expect this football club to have more than a year of stability, ho hum.

Like everybody else, I have no idea what’s going on really, we’ll just have to wait and see. But the ongoing rumours of improper conduct and stuff can’t be good news if true – one only has to look at the punishment meted out to Luton to see that the FA love making examples of little clubs like ours. Hopefully if anything dodgy has gone on, it will be the individuals involved punished, not the clubs.

What is certain is that we need a new manager in as quickly as possible, with pre-season training only a couple of weeks away. The absence of players coming in could work in our favour in this case, because the new manager should at least have some room to bring in his own men.

As for the identity of our new leader, I (like most U’s fans I guess) would welcome the return of Daish and Kimble, even though the style of football they play with Ebbsfleet is more effective than pretty. But I’m not getting my hopes up, I’m sure it’ll be the same old faces putting their names forward. I give it two days before Tommy Taylor declares his interest.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP