Wednesday 11 June 2008

Blah blah blah

It seems that if you are an ex-Canvey player who has also plied their trade at the Abbey then this is a good week to be giving interviews. I for one can't wait to hear the views of Ben Sedgemore and Ashley Nicholls on United's current squad, although I'm not sure whether Nicholls will be able to fit speaking to a reporter in to his busy schedule of eating and being a twat.

Anyway, first up was Frodo telling all about his move to Stevenage. Well actually, when I say all, he didn't tell us much that we couldn't work out for ourselves, although it's always helpful to get from the horses mouth I suppose:

"As soon as Jimmy said to me that I wasn't in his plans for next year my heart just wasn't at the club any more," he told BBC Cambridgeshire, confirming that putting a player on the transfer list then taking him straight off it again is about as motivational as watching the Apprentice's Lee McQueen do his reverse-pterodactyl impression.

More worrying was his comment that "I've got a manager at Stevenage in Graham Westley who was phoning me five or six times and day and really wanted me." I'd have thought this would make most people seek a restraining order, rather than a two year contract, but, er, good luck with the move anyway Lee.

Then today it was the wonderful Danny Potter's turn to give his two penneth in the CEN. You can't really argue with anything he's saying, and it's nice to hear one of our senior players say that "He [Jimmy] wouldn't have let people go without having any idea of who he wants to bring in and we trust him 100 per cent."

However, it doesn't take a genius to read between the lines of the "We all want to improve and people won't want to hang around at the club if they don't want to show the ambition and push on" comment, which I would take as him saying "If you don't sign some good players I'm off". Over to you Jimmy.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP