Friday 30 May 2008

Adie Cambridge to sign?

In a move presumably instigated by the regions headline writers, who have been in a state of depression since Dan "Red-hot Chilli" Chillingworth and Leo "United's Fortunes go West" Fortune-West departed the Abbey, United have opened talks with Histon's wonderfully named Adrian "It's Cambridge for Cambridge" Cambridge.


Quite where signing a 33-year old part-timer fits in with JQ's new dynamic policy of giving yoof a chance is anybody's guess. If I was a cynic I might say it's part of the less well publicised (and probably less dynamic) sh*t-we've-overspent-so-we'd-better-sign-some-cheaper-players policy, but I'm not, so I won't.

And if the former Histon skipper does decide to give up his job as a butcher/post man/taxi driver and join his "dream club" then I guess he could be a decent acquisition. He's always struck me as a good passer who gets stuck in a bit, and of course he's been a constant prescence in what I'll grudgingly admit has been a very successful team over the last five years.

Plus he can throw the ball a long way. A very long way in fact. Who can forget that scud of a delivery which created Nat Knight-Percival's goal in the Trophy game earlier this season? So I also quite like the idea that this move would upset Gepatto and Pinnochio's plans for the coming campaign. They may even have to call on the much-heralded "Plan B" they kept banging on about last season. I'm sure the rest of the BSP is quaking in it's boots.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP