Sunday 27 April 2008

Vics:0 U's:2

For possibly the first time in my life, and certainly the first time in recent years, I queued to get a ticket for a Cambridge United game yesterday. Here it is:

What a nice ticket it is too, and one which I'm pleased will admit me to a match against Burton not Exeter, after a topsy turvy final day which saw United's opponents change more often than Stevenage change managers, hehe.

My pleasure is largely selfish, as there's no way I could have got the time off work to trek all the way to Devon. But, having seen the Grecians a few times on TV, I also think they would represent a marginally tougher nut to crack. Of course, if we get through we may well have to crack them in the final, but that's a long way off and stuff.

Anyway, it was good to end the season on a high note, unlike the other three teams who didn't manage a win between them. I notice that we're top of the form table as well, which can only stand us in good stead.

Congrats, too, must go to our leader on the birth of his new baby, even though the concept of Alexander Quinn being conceived repulses me somewhat; it's a bit like thinking about your mum and dad doing it isn't it, yuk yuk yuk. I hope thoughts of late nights and dirty nappies won't be distracting the Quinnster as he prepares the players for the two biggest matches of our season so far.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP