Tuesday 16 March 2010

20 word match report - U's 2 - 1 Villagers

Yet another home game tonight, good times. Hopefully we can pick up another win and push on up the table towards the dizzy heights of the top half.

Cardy is talking up Salisbury in his pre-match interview, but the team he's describing bear little resemblance to cynical, defensive, diving bunch that usually arrive from Sarum. Whatever, any side which is "boosted" by the return of Danny Webb should be beatable if we pull our finger out.

Looking back for a moment, here are three 20-word match reports on the Histon triumph:

Phew!
I'd forgotten what a home win was like.
The chaps came back nicely
To win, almost like JQ's days.
- Me and the Palmer, get on fine

I thought Histon were poor,
and I was so pleased to finally win at home,
that I forgot my flask
- Face

Deciduous village people felled by green shoots of U's young saplings.I still pine for my free burrito (thanks Danny!)
-
A truly pun-tastic effort from @RounderBrighton

*To submit your 20-word match reports on the Salisbury match, email cufcblog@googlemail.com, visit the U's Blog twitter page, or leave a comment under this post.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP