Monday 14 December 2009

U's:3 Hatters:1 - Celebration time

It's party time here at U's Blog towers. I've taken the day off work, defrosted a few sausage rolls, and will be inviting all my friends, neighbours, and acquaintances round later on for bucks fizz and cold chicken nuggets.


The reason for these lavish celebrations is that on Saturday we beat the mighty Luton Town in a match which their defender Claude Gnapka described as our "cup final". So we've won in a final!! Against Luton!! Does it get any better than this? The only disappointment was that so few people were there to see it, I think many United fans must have confused this great occasion with an FA Trophy first round game or something.

In fairness to Claude, I'm not entirely sure he's on the same planet as the rest of us, as in the same article he claims that Luton are "a team of winners", when the evidence of the season so far suggests a more accurate description would be "a team of better-than-average Non-League players who win sometimes." Still, whatever makes him happy I suppose.

I wasn't at the game myself, but by all accounts we played very well, and even if it was only the Trophy it should give the squad a bit of encouragement ahead of this tough run of fixtures we have coming up. I've mentioned before that I think we play better against better teams because there's less emphasis on us to dictate the play, and hopefully that will stand us in good stead when we come up against Oxford, Stevenage, et al.

3 comments:

Gridforce Ltd 14 December 2009 at 11:32  

you will win f all anyway ,its the FA cup where you come up against real league teams. Two of which we have dispossed of.
We will finish above your carrot crunchers in the league and wont see you in the play offs.
Note we have to games in hand !

Matthew Gooding 15 December 2009 at 09:24  

On the basis of the comments I've had previously from Lutonians I don't think spell checkers have reached Bedfordshire yet...

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP