Tuesday 8 September 2009

Goals goals goals

Footballers are a spiteful bunch.

I went to our first two home games of the season, and didn't see so much as a goal, let alone a point. Did they not appreciate that I clambered off my sick bed to see us keel over at the feet of Crawley? But as soon as I jet off on my wonderful honeymoon they find the net ten times in two home games, while also picking up a useful point at Rushden. Now I'm back, we can only hope the players don't return to their old shot-shy ways in tonight's match against Altrincham. If they do, I'll happily take donations so that me and the missus can afford to stay on holiday for the rest of the season. For the good of the team of course.

Apart from the glut of goals, it's been pleasing to note we've only conceded once in the four games since Brian Saah's arrival, and I'm looking forward to seeing him in action for the first time. We seem to be getting all the "easy" games out of the way first this year, having played and beaten all four current residents of the relegation zone. So while I suspect we will not have a firm idea about our promotion chances until we've faced stronger opposition, we are at least not yet looking back on points dropped against the divisions lesser lights.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  9 September 2009 at 10:35  

After that 0-0, where can we send the donations too????????????

Matthew Gooding 9 September 2009 at 17:16  

I can email you my bank details. We only stay five-star though!

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP