Friday 27 February 2009

Creepy Crawley

I'm sad to report that I was criminally overlooked at last nights Royal Television Society journalism awards.


Admitedly I've never appeared on television, and I don't think they've introduced the "best blog that has a yellow background and is about a non-league football team" category just yet, but nevertheless I'm feeling hurt by their cruel snub.

To make matters worse Robert Peston picked up a string of awards, including the Best Television Journalist trophy, for his run of exclusives on the banking industry. Now I'm sure Peston is a fine exponent of his craft, but he has been on television 24-hours a day, seven days a week, for the last year or so. It's been virtually impossible to turn on a news broadcast without seeing his smug little face, grinning at you while he interlinks his fingers and proffers top credit-crunch busting tips like "make a budget", or some other such profound advice. With so much exposure is it any wonder he's found a scoop or two along the way? Some people have all the luck.

Talking of miscarriages of justice (I know, its tenuous), I see the FA have decided to give Crawley three of their four docked points back. This angers me, not because it's the wrong decision, but because Steve Evans' victim complex will be going into total overdrive. I'm beginning to think the Scotsman has a serious man crush on our very own George Rolls, if his latest pre-match comments are anything to go by:

"Cambridge United have a superb squad of players. Their Chairman George Rolls gives their manager the finances to give them a real chance and as a minimum that gives you a platform for success," he said, while adding that new signings Santos Gaia and Gavin Hurren would be involved in our match tomorrow. You may remember that his broken record was playing a similar tune when we faced them back in October at the Broadfield Stadium. Be on your guard Mrs Rolls.

How Crawley have come to obtain another two players, despite the fact that Evans works on the smallest budget in world football today, is a complete mystery. The only thing I can think of is that he must have won them in a raffle, but if you have any better ideas then let me know.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP