Thursday 16 October 2008

FGR

OF all the places to spend a Thursday afternoon, Stevenage wouldn’t be top of my (or indeed I suspect anyone’s) list.

But here I am, staring out the window at a picture not dissimilar to a scene from 28 Days Later, only with less attractive looking zombies. In the distance the spindly floodlights of Broadhall Way loom unimpressively amid squalid tower blocks and scaffolding, it’s great.

And as I’m here I obviously can’t be on my way to Forest Green, and will instead be watching tonight’s match from the comfort of my sofa.

“I'm a bit of a perfectionist,”
the Brabinator tells todays CEN. "It means we're still coming away from games, where we've drawn or even won 1-0, and we're disappointed with ourselves and that shows the high expectations we have."

Personally I’m not sure if wishing to beat truly terrible teams like Grays and Lewes by a margin of more than one goal really constitutes having high expectations, but there we go. Hopefully we will give FGR a tonking.

In Evil’s absence I’d love to see GB plump for a lightning quick front pair of Wilmott and Holroyd, but if I was a betting man I’d put money on him taking the fatter option and restoring Danny Crow to the starting line up. After all, he did so well last time we were on TV didn’t he…

3 comments:

Anonymous,  16 October 2008 at 17:25  

I think it could be the Crow's night tonight.

Like many on the messageboard, I'm strangely glad that McEvilly is being forced to sit this one out. It's like when Boylan got crocked and Rendell got more games...

Matthew Gooding 16 October 2008 at 18:30  

I hope you're right, and I'm sure he (Crow) will be a good signing eventually.

But I reckon that Beesley supplying the raw pace of Holroyd and Wilmott could be an awesome combination. Either way we have plenty of options...

davebedfordeagles 6 November 2008 at 17:57  

Forgive me for catching up late on your blog of September 17. Perhaps it is because I have been a busy little xxxx. (I maybe be busy and a xxxx but I am not little, or at least I am bigger than Gary Neville)

Just want to clear a few things up.

Lets start with Gav. As my quote said it was in the interest of all parties that he get a regular game of football. I did my best to engineer that position. After all, all players want to be playing regular football. If Gav is playing football and can come back to United a better player then again it can only benefit everybody. I took part in this process on the say so of Cambridge United.

Don't understand why my byline was on the bottom of the story.

Assuming is not a good thing and if you really wanted to check it out instead of throwing your assumptions out on the internet, my company name was i believe mentioned. A quick search and you would have found our website which had my number on it. A quick call would have given you the chance to check your assumption out.

Nearly not signing Felino? Much of what went on with Felino is confidential. I can say that it was always route1's wish for Felino to join Cambridge Utd. Gary Brabin and Stuart Bimson, who played a huge part in bringing him to Utd, are wonderful people to deal with. And the sort of coaches you would want a player of yours working with.

To be honest, Route1 brought Felino over from Holland and the moment Stuart got involved as far as we were concerned the only place we wanted him to go was Cambridge united. It didn't run smoothly in the summer for reasons which are confidential. Thankfully, he is now with you and is very happy.

Again, it is difficult to explain the Ben situation as so much of it is confidential.

But without sounding too patronising all route1 wanted was for Ben and Cambridge United
to be happy with a situation. I know agents can have a bad reputation but we work on the premise that it is far better to get on with coaches, managers, chairmen etc so that, and yes its that phrase again, all parties benefit.

I'm quite happy to meet with you and have a pint before a game. (Yes, I even watch my clients play). I hate being judged over the internet.

To get in touch with me email: dave@route1management.com.

As far as richard Cody goes, the implication is that being compared to him is not a good thing. I'll leave him to decide that.

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP