Tuesday 12 August 2008

Vics:0 U's:1 and stuff

Hello all, I'm back, did you miss me? Actually don't answer that, but if you're interested I did have had a very nice holiday in Paris, during which time I made an unprecedented move into the realm of the metrosexual by purchasing a man bag. Luckily I'm, ahem, cool enough to pull it off, and it looks great.

Another fella who I'd be willing to bet owns a manbag, seeing as he's continental and suarve and that, is Felino Jardim, who of course scored the only goal as the Brabin era began with a 1-0 win at Northwich last Saturday. I have to say I wasn't as impressed by Felino as a lot of people were during pre-season, but by all accounts he was mustard on Saturday and, with Pitt set to remain on the sidelines for a while, long may it continue.

I'm reluctant to pass judgement on a match I didn't see, but by the sounds of things on the radio we defended manfully, didn't create a great deal, but took our chance when it came our way. Much like last season then; plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose, as the French never say.

And it's good to see that, unlike Murphys, Trickys boss Dino Maamria is still bitter: "Cambridge caused a problem for us because of the experience in the spine of their team blah blah. I wish I could have that level of experience in my team," he said of his fledgling side, which included such inexperienced, untried, youngsters as Lee Steele (326 senior games), Darryn Stamp (270), and Michael Welch (214). Bless them.

Still, it could be worse Dino, at least you're not still at Stevenage, tehe.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP