Tuesday 15 July 2008

Lalala, I'm not listening

So it seems that everyone at Bridge Road is continuing to stick their fingers in their ears and hope that Craig Pope’s four-game ban for being a big nasty racist will go away.

Their supposedly unofficial message-board has disappeared from view (anyone who has read the bizarre drivel spouted by some of its members might consider this a blessing in disguise) and there is no word of the suspension on their official site. Still, at least they have Pravda, I mean the CEN, to speak on their behalf. No point having a dog and barking yourself eh?

In more interesting news, it seems the Brabinator is keen on bringing Josh Simpson back to the Abbey. “I think it's a pretty strong possibility,” affirmed Gary Roberts to BBC Cambridgeshire. "I think a lot of fans didn't see the best of him when he was over there.”

I like Josh as a player, and was a bit gutted when he left last time. I seem to remember lack of a guaranteed first team starts was cited as his reason for returning to City, and I can’t imagine he’ll be getting any such guarantees this time around with the likes of Carden and Farrell in the squad. But for me he’s certainly a better prospect than Quinton or Reed, so we shall have to wait and see what happens on that front.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP