Wednesday 13 February 2008

Shots:0 U's:0

Here’s an early contender for the Stating the Obvious Award for 2008: I got onto the M11 this morning to be greeted with big warning signs saying FOG. Lucky they were there, I thought the reason I could only see about 10 metres in front of my face was that I was going blind or something, ahem.

Fortunately the mist which put pay to several matches in the BSP didn’t descend on the Recreation Ground, where United battled to a point against Aldershot. To borrow JQ’s favourite phrase, I think most people would have “bitten your hand off” if they were offered four points from these last two games, especially with Exeter and Torquay only managing draws last night.

And when you consider that the ‘Shot’s had won nine of their last 10 home games, it makes it an even better result, and one which extends our unbeaten record against the other promotion contenders. I vote that we split the Conference in half, SPL style, for the rest of the season, then we’ll win the title for sure.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP