Wednesday 27 February 2008

The Quake

Yeah, so this earthquake last night didn’t unduly disturb me, but apparently it was a mere aftershock of the tremor that caused Histon’s defence to wobble so badly that they conceded two goals in the last two minutes of their match against struggling Stafford, hehe.


There were some other good results for us last night, notably Torquay dropping two points against Alty, and Aldershot continuing their Setanta Shield campaign by thumping Crawley. While the Shots fielded a much weakened team for the match, them having a schedule packed with pointless cup games at this end of the season can’t be a bad thing from our point of view.

As I mentioned previously, I wasn’t convinced that last Saturday was the right time to switch to 4-4-2, and in light of Michael Morrison’s upcoming suspension, I’m even less convinced that reverting to wingbacks is a good idea for the York match. Reports in the CEN yesterday suggest JQ is planning to play Wolly at right back, due to his “good engine”, but whether this will make up for his lack of positional sense (as seen last Saturday) or poor aerial ability remains to be seen.

Personally, I would stick to 4-4-2 for now, with a backline of:

Reed – Hatswell – Albrighton – Coulson

But it seems that Jimmy has other plans, ho hum.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  27 February 2008 at 21:43  

I tell you.... the first thing I thought after that quake was over was if that dodgy bit of the mainstand roof would be ok.

Anonymous,  28 February 2008 at 07:06  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matthew Gooding 28 February 2008 at 09:11  

Hehe, I didn't think of that. I hope the Abbey is still in one piece. Nobody click that other comment btw, I'm fairly sure it's a virus...

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP