Wednesday 16 January 2008

AOB: I heart Newcastle

Usually I would condemn chairman who sack managers after six months in the job, but I must confess that I had a little chuckle when I heard that Sam Allardyce had become unemployed. Perhaps he can spend some of his ample severance pay on plastic surgery to remove that earpiece thingy that seems to be attached to his head.


But, if a fat northerner couldn't succeed at the club supported by a million fat northerners, and controlled by a fat northern zillionaire who thinks he can keep it real by wearing a replica shirt to matches, then who could, I asked myself. Surely there wasn't a more appropriate manager out there for the toon army?

Apparently I was wrong.

The random return of Kevin Keegan is, in my opinion, the best thing to happen in the Premiership this season. No one personifies Newcastle's style over substance approach to football more than the ex-Liverpool striker, and while his second spell with the Magpies seems more likely to end in failure than success, it will undoubtably make for an interesting watch. I wonder if he still has Tino Asprilla's number...

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP