Friday 21 December 2007

Shield of Dreams

I think I have Setanta Shield fever. Either that or I ate one too many mince pies at lunch and am suffering from indigestion. Whatever the cause, it’s making me feel bloated, much like United’s fixture list.

No seems to know exactly what the point of the Shield is, and I’m finding it a bit difficult to get excited about tonight’s match against Rushden. Nevertheless, seeing as I won’t be seeing another match in full (I hope to take in the second half of the first Histon game, but this will be dictated by the vagaries of the A1) until Wolves, I’ll be there, watching the boys take their first step on the road to, er, an as-yet undecided venue. That the organisers have yet to book a ground for the final probably tells you all you need to know about the shodiness of the competition.

I still want us to win though, if only to keep our momentum going ahead of the Histon and Burton games. It would also be a shame to lose our unbeaten home record to a side as limited (if their performance in the league game earlier this season is anything to go by) as Rushden. I’m plumping for a 2-1 win, hopefully with extended run outs for the likes of Hyem and Willmott.

1 comments:

Rushden and Diamonds 21 December 2007 at 15:35  

Looking forward to todays game, however pointless the competition. We both need wins in this for different reasons, so it should be an interesting clash.

Rushden and Diamonds fans blog will be uploading photo's throughout the match. (http://rushdenanddiamonds.blogspot.com/)

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP