Friday 5 October 2007

Quinn to Gillingham?

True Story: When I was younger I used to think Gillingham was pronounced Gill-ingham rather than Jill-ingham. Nobody put me right on this until I was about 15.

Anyway, yes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who isn't wholly reassured by Lee Powers statement on the official site reference the Gills' interest in Jimmy?

http://www.cambridge-united.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10423~1127610,00.html

Not exactly the most vehement hands off warning ever is it? I'm hoping our leader wanted to seem a bit indifferent because of the way JQ has been angling for a new contract recently. We may have started the season in formidable fashion but now is not the time to be giving out new deals. If we're still up with the leaders at Christmas then maybe it'll be a different story.

I imagine this will all blow over and Gillingham will find a better candidate to take over, but I just hope the board aren't rail-roaded into giving Jimmy a new contract on the strength of a good quarter of a season and a bit of interest elsewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I would be gutted if we had to change manager again now, and I think JQ has show himself to be a competant manager for this level. But the board must make sure they don't take unnecessary risks with the clubs finances, or else we could have a repeat of 2004/05 on our hands.

0 comments:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP